Monday, December 21, 2009

Refllection About Class #2

When I first wondered about what sophomore students of English Education Department was going to learn in the class of Multimedia Teaching of English Language, I recollected my high school years. Indeed, I did take computer classes, most of which were strictly sponsored and managed by the school principal in order to provoke and develop computer manipulating strategies that were anticipated to be essential in the age of information technology.

Well, despite the effort put in by the school, all I had observed was an environment where students were chit-chatting or doing something else like playing computer games, hidden behind the monitor, guising their appearances from the teacher. Obviously, it was a quite a disappointment to me to find them carelessely dissipating time and money, not even pursuing to even care about why they were in the ambience of studying computers.

Fortunately, I didn't go through repeating my memory of high school years. I found that every college student in the class was contributing themselves to either speaking out when given the time to present one's ideas or incessantly trying to cope with the popcorn software. The course was driven two times a week, one period consisting of two hours and the other of 1 hour. I think that it was an optimum time distribution which allowed one to first take a look at the software and then at the theories of the book, "Teaching English as a Second Foreign Language"

No comments:

Post a Comment